Monday, April 9, 2012

Naming: How Our Kitten Became Todd

Naming a kitten is hard. We knew what we didn't want: nothing too popular (no offense to any Max's or Milo's out there) or nothing too cutesy (Smokey or Pumpkin just wouldn't fit the bill).

One night I was reading through names on babynames.com, in the T section, and out of my mouth came Todd. Immediately my husband and I burst into a fit of giggles. "Todd", he repeated, chuckling again, "Todd the cat".

As days passed, we would joke, "what do you think Todd's doing?", and we would laugh all over again.

Finally, my husband says, "you know we have to name him Todd now".

Laughing, I agreed.

We had named our cat Todd.

It was later that we realized the true meaning was actually very fitting for our little ginger friend...

meaning of the baby name Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment